Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Updates to evebloggers.com

Firstly, I've made a big change to evebloggers.com

I used to have outputs from both the Eve Blog Pack and Eve Player Blogs. The only thing is, the Eve Blog Pack are still 'Eve Player Blogs'.

So I've decided to get rid of the Eve Blog Pack output, especially considering that they're doubled up in the Eve Player Blogs anyway...

Now there are just Eve Player Blogs. And really, when you think about it, we're all part of the same community. It's not like there's a bunch of 'elitists' or anything that think they're better than others, so there won't be any issues with bringing everyone together into one group. Right?

Understand that this does not invalidate the Eve Blog Pack that Crazy Kinux started. Thanks to him, the Eve Online Blogging Community had a rally point, somewhere to focus their efforts on, and to expand upon. But I think everything evolves, and instead of having a small group of players calling themselves the 'blog pack' and holding themselves separate to everyone else, now we have a much larger community of Eve bloggers. I think we should recognise that we're all part of the same community, and we all support each other and enjoy each other's blogs and this awesome game that we're all part of.

Secondly, I've caused a big problem to evebloggers.com. I don't know how, seeing as how all I did was change around some of the RSS outputs in the widgets, but all the evebloggers.com Posts and Pages can no longer be accessed.

I've sent a support email to the host provider to get the site restored from backup, and I'm hoping that will fix it. If there are any Wordpress experts out there who know why the posts and pages have disappeared (but links to them are still there in the site's footer), please let me know.

6 comments:

  1. Hmm, Check if they're still accessible in the admin panel and if not well something must've emptied out the database.

    All I can think of if they're still there is that there's a bug in the php code somewhere, but normally wordpress outputs fatal errors so I dunno.

    Hope you'll be able to resolve this soon.

    Regards, Xeross

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting the site back up. We need our fix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job mate! It's back up and running now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what did you do to fix it ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My one comment is that the category "Player Blogs" seems over-explanatory. I would simply call it "Blog Posts" or "Posts".

    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. as far as I can tell, it's not 'back up'. The site is still there, and it's still aggregating all the blogs, but the Posts (and comments) and Pages are still missing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.