Friday, October 30, 2009

There's gonna be some changes around here

You know, I'm sick to death of all these social niceties that control us. We don't say what we really feel, believe or think because we're afraid of offending people.

Well, you know what? I'm over it.

If you get offended at what I say about things in general, and you take the opinions I have as personal comments against you, then you're far too sensitive and insecure for me to waste my time and energy on trying to keep you happy.

I'm not naming names, but if you think I'm referring to you, then you're right.

Things are going to change around here. I'm not going to tiptoe around any more, trying to make sure I don't offend anyone. Not that I ever really went out of my way to avoid offending people in the first place, as some of you might have noticed, but it's always been in the back of my mind.

What's brought about this change is the fact I've been seeing more and more idiots around lately. People that don't have a clue. As a result, I've said things that I've normally not said, and you know what?

It felt gooooood...

I'm a believer that if something feels good, and there's no withdrawal symptoms when you're not doing it, then you should do more of it.

So I will.

Watch out idiots, Punishment is coming for you.

13 comments:

  1. This is a change for you? That seems, erm, unlikely. At best :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when you'd stop tip-toeing around. You were practically the nun of the blog pack…

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I like the cute, snuggly, cuddly Alexia.

    So, uhm, we have to look forward to the "Capsuleer Dominatrix of Death"?

    Wait...that sounds really....OOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!


    :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honesty is a sign of peace with the cowbell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I've always thought that Blackclaw was a bit outspoken already. Good to confirm it I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go, Alexia. This is just a variant of my philosophy:

    "There may be free speech, but there is no free lunch. You want to make a speech, get your own blog; I run this one, I'll say what I damned well please, and anyone who tries to tell me how to run my blog will be told to take their censorious demands, fold them till they're all sharp corners, and shove them up their exhaust ports."

    Sound about right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all for speaking your mind and giving your opinions. That said, there is a fine line between bluntly giving your opinion , and just being an ass. Not saying you are either, just a word of warning.

    Good luck with your new direction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And in the heaven of all their wish, there is no land say fish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Because of Falcon.

    In all semi-seriousness, interested to see the new direction.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't make everyone happy. Your blog, your say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shoot straight, speak from the heart, and avoid exaggeration/excess. Do that, and I doubt anyone will take exception to what you have to say. And if they do? Who cares?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.