So here's an explanation:
- players who stay in CONCORD space and never venture into lowsec or 0.0 space
- players who detest PVP (player vs player) combat and whinge about how it ruins their gaming enjoyment
- players who are killed via PVP and then complain about player harassment or cheating
- players who focus gameplay only on non-PVP activities
- players are afraid of being attacked by other players
- players who ruin PVP games by whinging so much to the game developers that the game developers think they're the majority and change the game to suit the Carebears
Since Eve Online started - and continues - as a player vs player (PVP) game, every time someone whinges about how badly they've suffered at PVP, they're automatically a Carebear. Every time a Carebear wants the game changed to suit them, they're automatically loathed by every PVP player who's suffered at how the game changes around them to suit the Carebears.
So now you've been educated. And you're a Carebear if you whinge about people whinging about you. Yes, that applies to pirates too. :)
So when I say Carebears need to 'harden the fuck up', what I'm really saying is stop your whinging, and stop wanting this game to change to suit you. If you don't like it, go play something else.