Saturday, August 22, 2009

Things are about to get interesting

About 2 months ago I was talking about being an anti-pirate. That hasn't really worked out, because I've been sitting around in stations poring over skill books. Back in February this year I decided to become a Force Recon pilot. Now THERE is some intensive training requirements!

But after a solid 6 months of training, I'm excited to find out I'm only a couple weeks away from jumping into my very first fully-equipped Force Recon. A Rapier, to be exact. About 2-3 weeks after that, I'll be able to jump into an Arazu, which will be my preferred stealth ship. I've been hanging out for an Arazu for a long, long time...

I recently flew my very first battleship, a Megathron, and was really excited about that little adventure! But I'm now very happy to be able to fly every single Tech 1 combat ship from frigates all the way up to battleships. For all races!

I can jump into any battleship, and start flying it. Admittedly, fitting it with the relevant racial fittings might be a bit of a problem, but not a big one... I can fly fully fitted Minmatar and Gallente battleships, and will soon work on the fittings for the Caldari and Amarr.

It's all very exciting! I'm not sure how much of this excitement a girl can handle...

Back to the topic - things are about to get interesting. Tomorrow I'll be finished with my cloaking training. I need to make some money to afford the Force Recon ships, so I'm going to jump into a cloaked Raven battleship and head off into null-sec to seek out some dirty rat battleships and blow them to hell! I hear there are huge bounties on their heads...

Once I'm in a Rapier, I'll be seeking out targets here and there, and blowing them to hell before they're even aware I've suddenly appeared!

Well, that's the plan, at least...

If any of you have tips on fittings and tactics for the Rapier or Arazu, PLEASE help me out by telling me about them in the comments. All your assistance will be greatly appreciated, especially since it'll help keep me alive!

3 comments:

  1. here is a somewhat decent fitting:

    [Rapier, pvp rapier ]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Damage Control II

    Stasis Webifier II
    Stasis Webifier II
    Sensor Booster II
    Warp Disruptor II
    Large Shield Extender II
    10MN MicroWarpdrive II

    650mm Artillery Cannon II
    650mm Artillery Cannon II
    650mm Artillery Cannon II
    Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

    Core Defence Field Extender I
    Core Defence Field Extender I

    Warrior II
    Valkyrie II

    Things of note on this build:
    1) Tracking will suck if you don't get a web on them and fast.
    2) The rigs are nice and a lot cheaper now than before
    3) Still an expensive ship to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll have to drop the third gyro II if you run into CPU issues

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a different aproach to the rapier setup... Myself and my friends decided that 650 arties on a rapier was pitiful dps.. This one has close to 300 dps (299 actually). It hits harder (Proven in combat), and still does its job quite nicely. Admittedly doesn't have the same range, but since it can outdps another rapier or huggin, and doesn't have to worry about other ships webbing it, it will certainly have it's rewards ;)

    As fit, 300 dps, 20k falloff, 3.9k optimal.

    [Rapier, New Setup 1]
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II

    10MN MicroWarpdrive II
    Large Shield Extender II
    Large Shield Extender II
    Warp Disruptor II
    Stasis Webifier II
    Stasis Webifier II

    425mm AutoCannon II, Barrage M
    425mm AutoCannon II, Barrage M
    425mm AutoCannon II, Barrage M
    Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

    Projectile Ambit Extension I
    Projectile Ambit Extension I


    Hammerhead II x3
    Hobgoblin II x2

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.