Saturday, March 14, 2009

Blogger Profiles #24 - Godlesswanderer

Welcome to yet another profile of an Eve Blogger! Please check out the list of Eve Bloggers so you can enjoy getting to know a few of the others as well.
What is your character's name or handle?

Godlesswanderer

What is your blog's URL?

http://www.articulatedsky.com

How long have you been blogging?

General blogging, around 3-4 years but Articulated sky has been going about a year and a half.

What region of EVE do you mostly operate in?

Right now, I'm generally found flying between Black Rise and Sinq Laison.

When did you start playing EVE?

Back in 2005, although I only really started playing regularly around two years ago.

What do you enjoy about EVE?

On a grand scale, I really love the way that the acts of one player can greatly affect the EVE galaxy as a whole (like the recent disbanding of bob, for example).
But on a more personal scale, I love the adrenaline rush that one gets while fighting for your life. I've yet to get that feeling in any other MMO.

What is your playstyle?

Piracy, with a little bit of carebear added in for good measure. Sometimes I can't resist breaking out the old mining barge.

Do you play any other games?

MMO-wise, I stick to EVE. I'm having enough trouble with money as it is without having to pay a second subscription for a second MMO!

What do you blog about, and why?

I blog about any EVE related stories and/or experiences that I find interesting, and also about anything that has happened to me ingame that I found particularly interesting or fun. To be honest, I mainly blog for myself but lately I seem to have become obsessed with my page views.

What are your other interests?

Anything and everything relating to geek culture. Technology, graphic design, gadgets, weird t-shirts. I could go on forever.

What advice do you have for EVE players who are struggling to stay motivated?

Whenever I lacked motivation in EVE, the usual problem seemed to be that I either had no one to talk to (as in I was basically soloing EVE), or people around me didn't really seem motivated. The fix that I've found for both of these problems is to essentially pick up, leave and make a new life. I don't necessarily mean that you should move across the galaxy, change profession, etc. it could even be as simple as changing corporation or changing the system you call your home. Anything that will give you a bit of variation or give you something new is great and will keep you motivated without a doubt.

Anything else to offer?

A little inside info; I'm going to be holding a contest on my blog soon. It's so secret that even I don't know what it's going to be about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.