Thursday, January 8, 2009

Blogger Profiles #9 - Shae Tiann

[You can find the earlier profiles (1-8) here.]

My apologies for the delay in these profiles. It's been over 3 weeks since the last profile, and I can only blame xmas and the new year. But I'm back in action now.

I would really appreciate anyone who hasn't submitted their profile to me, to take the time and fill out the questions (here) and then send it in to me. There are hundreds of others who would just LOVE to know all about you. Thank you.

Shae Tiann is our latest blogger profile. She's a member of the infamous Bastards, which means she enjoys being a... well, a bastard really!
What is your character's name or handle?

Shae Tiann

What is your blog's URL?

http://sweetlilbadgirl.blogspot.com

How long have you been blogging?

I started Eve-blogging two months ago; I've had a RL blog since 2004

What region of EVE do you mostly operate in?

Well, currently based in Essence, in Gallente lowsec, but we roam a lot. Lately, the roaming with the Bastards has had us out in Minmatar space, one area I've not previously spent much time in.

When did you start playing EVE?

20th of August 2007, though I remember seeing ads for it in 2003, and I've known other players in Real Life for several years. There's a funny story about why I finally started playing....

[And what's the funny story? Come on, tell us in the comments - Alexia]

Why do you enjoy about EVE?

The social aspects, the shiny ships, and the personal challenge to improve myself as a player and a person

What is your playstyle?

PvP; I'm rubbish at the market, won't fit a mining laser if I can help it, and use my alt for running missions and exploration. Started with mercenary wardeccing but I prefer piracy over being an anti-pirate or nullsec pvper: it's more fun, less stressful, kinder on my wallet and my hangar, and the people I get to fly with are generally nicer and care more for the group.

Do you play any other games?

Well, there's board games and card games for when I'm with friends. I have S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Bioshock and Portal for when I just want PvE. I'm involved with a Firefly roleplay group on Second Life (though I miss most of the action there), and I play City of Heroes every so often, usually with my boyfriend (whom I'm trying to convince to return to Eve).

What do you blog about, and why?

Eve experiences in general; sometimes I write in-character for either real events or a little on-the-side fiction, but most of it is OOC. Why? The same reason I keep a RL blog: to record memories and to conect with people who have similar interests.

What are your other interests?

I write a lot. A lot - I'm involved with a group of writers here in Edinburgh, with an eye towards getting something bigger than my drabbles published. I'm an artist, and hoping to eventually get work in the games industry as a concept artist - until then, I'll keep doing commissions and freelance work. I love music and dabble a little in production and remixing, and I'm a professionally trained singer. I do a little photography for fun, go climbing, and I'm involved with a mediaeval reenactment group - a little rusty on my swordwork, but nothing a few training sessions couldn't help.

What advice do you have for EVE players who are struggling to stay motivated?

Don't just sit there; do something. EVE is the sort of game where you have to set and pursue your own goals. It doesn't shove quests and challenges in your path; there is no linear plotline to follow and there is no endgame to reach. Communication is important, too -- making smalltalk in Local is a great way to meet people, and they may know things you don't.

Anything else to offer?

Be true to yourself -- EVE is a game, and is meant to be fun. If you aren't having fun, it's time to reconsider the way you're playing, which could involve anything from trying something new to finding a new corp, to trying a wholly different ingame occupation or even taking a short break.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe it's a little out of date, now ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always add a comment with the information you'd like updated? :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.