Thursday, January 29, 2009

Blogger Profiles #16 - Biomassed

Welcome to yet another profile of an Eve Blogger! Please check out the list of Eve Bloggers so you can enjoy getting to know a few of the others as well.

This blogger prefers to remain anonymous... doesn't even want to tell us his in-game name! Well, that's fine. At least his blog posts are worth reading. :) Please enjoy.
What is your character's name or handle?

Biomassed is not my character name however I intend keeping that away from the blogging. Its a privacy thing I guess, plus some of the things I say in my blog are always going to get flamed. It is done on purpose and is the nature of my blogging character. Your choice if to accept or not this profile as I won't give out the name of my main.

What is your blog's URL?

http://biomassed.blogspot.com/

How long have you been blogging?

About 7 Years, this is my first EVE blog though and this one is about 2 days old.

What region of EVE do you mostly operate in?

Now, Solitude. Although we as a corp have been all over the show. We recently did a stint protecting Amarr space from the ebil pirates and before that we were in Catch. We move on after a while because we like to experience all aspects of the universe.

When did you start playing EVE?

Beta 2, then I took a small break and came back to the game when fully released. My primary corp that I made one year after playing in the release is five years old on the 2nd feb this year.

What do you enjoy about EVE?

Hmmm. Its freedom I guess. The ability to do what you want where you want. This is probably why I get so infuriated at people that deem EVE a PVP game. It is incredibly easy to avoid all forms of PVP in EVE and still enjoy it. I know because I have done it all over the years, not always to success I might add :) At the same time I also dislike that it isn't totally free, so you end up with limited dreams.

What is your playstyle?

Everything! Well no. I don't pirate and never have nor will. I think this is because in EVE there are no true pirates, there are gankers and there are gankers that demand money. Piracy has been modified in modern terms to its true definition. The rest, well. I have mined, PVP'd, PVE'd, Explored, Smuggled, Traded, the works. I was once one of the best three people in game to buy faction ships from. This was 4 years or more back though when it was a profession of sorts. I enjoyed that. I guess my playstyle is a free one. Be what you want, thats the EVE dream even if CCP don't manage to complete the idea behind it.

Do you play any other games?

Yup, sure. Recently played Atlantica Online and had fun. Also play various games as I feel I want to. Hated FO3, loved and am currently playing Gears of War on PC. I have a Wii too :) MMO wise I have a guild beta going for Jumpgate Evolution.

What do you blog about, and why?

EVE as Biomassed. Not the normal "we did this and that" kinda blog though. Its a triple teamed blog from 3 pilots that vary in opinion but come from the same corp and are mates in real life. Why is harder. I guess I got fed up with the fanbois out there. EVE is a great game but it is not the best game ever nor will it ever be. I wanted to do something from someone that loves the game but is realistic. A soon to be post for example is about CCP ranting about how cool it is we are nearly breaking 50k on the servers, yep thats fine, however its not a good thing if they don't keep up with it and CCP are lazy at heart sometimes. I do a personal blog but that isnt for here, nor eve related.

What are your other interests?

Music, Radio, DJ (thats my passion and my work), reading, writing fiction (short stories), MTB (mountain bikes), Kayaks, Sailing, My family. Not in that order :)

What advice do you have for EVE players who are struggling to stay motivated?

Go away. Come back in 6 months and try again. EVE is not work, if it aint fun quit. It simply may not be for you so don't torture yourself. If they played CS and hated it they would not feel as if they let the world down, don't do this with EVE either.

Anything else to offer?

Cynical opinions on anything EVE? Nah not really. I think you have enough for now.. ooh! I am contemplating doing another podcast. We did the first podcast in an eve enviroment many years ago. It faded away though as its heavy work. This was way before all the new ones out now.. hmm althogh Urban may deny this as his desert roid disc thing was a close second.

6 comments:

  1. That guy sounds kinda ok, kinda cool yet passionate yet emo all in one...

    I guess not all pirates are gankers. Now I know some of the blogging ones they seem a bit more traditional in the pirate sense. I have still never met one in eve though that wasn't just after hauler kills :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, nana, I know your character ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome profile I read through the blog las tnight and it's now one of my fav's. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @tanalei Awesome, glad ya enjoy it. Always nice to know its being read :) I now have yours open in a tab and will take a gander later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alexia, just wanted to drop by and tell you that I too, have joined the swathing masses who blog about eve.
    http://fizzlineve.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lassi, thanks... your blog has been added to evebloggers.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.