Monday, January 26, 2009

Blogger Profiles #15 - Myrhial Arkenath

Welcome to yet another profile of an Eve Blogger! Please check out the list of Eve Bloggers so you can enjoy getting to know a few of the others as well.

I really enjoy Myrhial's blog because she's doing a great job at promoting the Eve blogosphere! And then there's the adventures and exploits she tells us about, which is really quite fascinating too. Please enjoy!

What is your character's name or handle?

Myrhial Arkenath

What is your blog's URL?

http://myrhial.blogspot.com

How long have you been blogging?

Since april 2008. The project was kept private for the first month however, then revealed over time to my corporation, the roleplaying community and eventually the blogging community. I wanted to make sure I would have it in me to update regularely and provide quality material.

What region of EVE do you mostly operate in?

Derelik. Due to my corporation's activities I find myself restricted to low sec.

When did you start playing EVE?

July 2008. I recreated my character at the start of august 2008 for better attribute distribution following the advice of a friend. Since then I have been a faithful subscriber.

What do you enjoy about EVE?

The freedom, politics, the different communities (roleplayers, writers, bloggers ect.), the eye candy graphics and interesting backstory. I have met a ton of interesting individuals and felt more immersed than in any other MMO thus far. It is also my first experience at being the leader of a group of players. I've learned a lot so far and I hope to learn even more.

What is your playstyle?

Piracy. I do a little mission running and exploration on the side to keep the ISK flowing. I also enjoy roleplaying, so you may find Myrhial in one of the many bars around the cluster whenever she has some time off.

Do you play any other games?

I have been playing WoW since launch, though since I started EVE I've become really casual about it. It's mostly my partner and a bunch of (real life) friends keeping me there. Other than some single player releases I have played in the last year would be NWN2, Portal, Assassin's Creed, Spore, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Farcry 2 and World of Goo.

What do you blog about, and why?

So far I've written about things that happened ingame from an in character perspective. I hope to begin writing some actual fiction this year. My blog started as a tool to flesh out Myrhial's personality. I would like to work out her backstory some more in the future as well add more depth to her as well as my corporation through fiction.

What are your other interests?

I can always enjoy a good movie or book. I also love listening to my music collection. I am contemplating to pick up my guitar again and / or practice some sports. Moving country and getting a job means most of my old hobbies have been put aside for a while. I also like to watch documentaries. Quite often if I have the TV on it will be tuned in to Discovery or National Geographic. I've been a knowledge junkie ever since I was little.

What advice do you have for EVE players who are struggling to stay motivated?

Join a corp. Preferably not the one spamming Jita local every five seconds. Determine what you want to try and find a group that shares your interest. Try one thing and if you don't like it move on to the next. A hobby should be fun. However if you initially don't succeed but you do feel you are following the path you like, pick yourself up and try again. The wonderful thing about sandbox games is that you make the rules. If you really feel however this is not what you enjoy, or the game has become a shore, take a break. Who knows...you may be back.

Anything else to offer?

Well, as any good CEO would do, I'd like to recommend my corporation to any yarr-inclined individuals who'd like to join a roleplaying corporation aligned with the Angel Cartel. Anyone however is welcome to come join us for a drink over at The Skyhook, the bar we took over from Omerta Syndicate.

3 comments:

  1. Yay Myrhial! Always like seeing a combo RPer / blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting my profile! I'm glad you like my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myr is full of win. And cookies. Cartel-shaped cookies. With sprinkles of YAR!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.