Saturday, January 17, 2009

Blogger Profiles #12 - Tanalei

Welcome to yet another profile of an Eve Blogger! Please check out the list of Eve Bloggers so you can enjoy getting to know a few of the others as well.

I really like Tanalei's blog, mainly because she's obviously passionate about the game, and about the community. Post more often though, we want to read more!
What is your character's name or handle?

Tanalei and Avesaria is my character. It was just over a month before I started multi-boxing and now i'm not sure if I could do anything requiring thought without both of my characters. My newest, and third, account is Tanave so that I can have a dedicated hauler and another Hulk pilot.

What is your blog's URL?


http://tanalei.com

How long have you been blogging?

I have been blogging for over 5 years, but I just recently started blogging about EVE-Online.

What region of EVE do you mostly operate in?

Metropolis, Nakugard

When did you start playing EVE?

August 2007 with Tanalei. Shortly after I started I realized being a carebear was much easier if you had a Drake to give you bonuses and blow up rats and it seemed to ward off most can flippers so I built Avesaria that October. I have been playing with the pair ever since. Here recently I added a 3rd account with Tanave to haul and fly a 2nd Hulk for me so that on the care bear accounts in the house we can put together a fleet of an orca and four hulks to truely clean some belts.

What do you enjoy about EVE?

I love the people and the diversity. I can log in go mission running on Level 5's with the whole house working together; my boyfriend has 3 accounts I now have 3 and our roomate has one so we will plow through level 5's together and it is a ton of fun. When I'm playing alone I am a carebear at heart though. I love to mine and am getting my Orca in just a few days.

What is your playstyle?

I'm a Carebear and proud of it. :D I don't pirate. Low-sec scares me and it is a fear I am trying to get over. I still keep up with alot of piracy information though since everyone else I know is a pirate.

Do you play any other games?

I do. I've been in World of Warcrat since closed Beta and have always been for the Horde, I love Taurens. I also play on my Wii and the XBOX360 alot. I'm never found without a Nintendo DS in my pocket and I have quite a few old favorites from my PS2. I also still have my Atari hooked up for those competative Pong games that happen every once in a while. I'm a mac user so I'm kindof limited on some of the games I can play in the MMO world. I was so glad when Eve finaly became available on the Mac OSX client so I didn't have to use Crossover anymore.

What do you blog about, and why?

I blog mainly about my misadventures in the gaming universe. I have horrid luck so occasionally it can be quite comical.

What are your other interests?

I'm a video junkie. I love TV Shows, Movies, an Anime and my collection has gotten to a point that I have had to start purchasing everything digitally because a terabyte is less expensive than larger homes for more shelving room. I also love books and reading whick also makes shelving in my house an issue. I am an avid d20 gamer and am currently running a Dungeons and Dragon's game in my spare time.

I have two "kids" my dogs Jak Jak and Tera. They are spoiled rotten as any dogs should be of a 25 year old female with no husband and no kids.

What advice do you have for EVE players who are struggling to stay motivated?

In the real world everyone has heard the phrase "It's all about the Benjamins." Real life money is king and in Eve - if you have isk you can pull off almost anything.

Anything else to offer?

"The face of war has never changed. Surely it is more logical to heal than to kill."
- Surak of Vulcan

Yes I am a Trekkie to the heart and soul. :D

1 comment:

  1. Great Bio. Made me look up Benjamins and Multi-Boxing so I learnt something new! Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.