Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blogger Profiles #10 - Ulfskein Gangr

I would really appreciate anyone who hasn't submitted their profile to me, to take the time and fill out the questions (here) and then send it in to me. There are hundreds of others who would just LOVE to know all about you. Thank you.

This latest Blogger is quite an interesting fellow. He's very much a fan of Sun Tsu, as am I, so we've had quite a lot to discuss. For your reading pleasure, please enjoy his profile:
What is your character's name or handle?

Ulfskein Gangr is my full Achuran name, but is rarely used outside of the NeoCom. I'll answer to Ulf, Ulfski and Gangr but anything else is usually ignored.

What is your blog's URL?

vileruneguild.blogspot.com

The Vile Rune Guild is the name of the entity that I have been involved with since the day that I graduated from the State War Academy. "Seventy-seven thirty-four" (the title of the blog itself) is derived from the Vile Rune Guild's corp ticker [7734].

How long have you been blogging?

The first blog post that I ever wrote on my own behalf was actually only in Nov. 2008. I hold you, Black Claw, entirely responsible for this unexpected development in my career.

What region of EVE do you mostly operate in?

Being a nomadic scavenger by nature, I am not bound to any specific region of the galaxy. I tend to remain in any given area only long enough to do what I need to do, then I move on.

To be fair to your question, I can only say that I spend about 50% of my time in 0.0 space and the remainder in the low-security frontiers bordering militia-controlled sectors.

When did you start playing EVE?

I was introduced to EVE around August 2007 by a friend with whom I was working on a mod project with. I have been in-game with a full account ever since.

What do you enjoy about EVE?

I will answer this by telling you what I don't like about EVE. Remove this and what you have left are all of the things that I enjoy. Fair enough?

The only thing that I don't like about EVE is the lack of customization options that it has. Prior to being introduced to EVE I had a hard rule of thumb: if I couldnt modify it, I wouldn't play it... I like to reskin models, customize UI, create new particle effects, etc and with EVE there is no outlet for any of these things. This is why I keep other games on my computer at all (see below). I mean... The ability to customize ship skins on the client-side alone would open up a whole new level of enjoyment to the game.

Next question. :)

What is your playstyle?

As mentioned above, I am by nature a nomadic scavenger. I prefer solitary or small fireteam travel, rarely if ever communicate in local channels, and am for the most part completely asocial. The thing that sets me apart mostly from the majority of pilots I encounter is my own complete lack of ethical restrictions when interacting with other pilots. One day I will spend silently collecting as many capsule-kills as possible, and the next I will be leaving anonymous wrecked hauler spawns for whomever wants them.

Do you play any other games?

EVE is the only game which I play on a regular basis, but I curently have installed on my computer S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl (and Clear Sky) and Red Orchestra, both of which I enjoy playing and modding.

What do you blog about, and why?

I would tell you, but then I would have to kill you.

[Or I could just read your blog, since you're so uncooperative :p - Alexia]

What are your other interests?

Who has time for other interests outside of EVE? She is a jealous mistress and has destroyed everything in my life that she could not bend to her will.

What advice do you have for EVE players who are struggling to stay motivated?

My advice to them is simply to leave the game. There is no reason why a player should ever have to "struggle" to remain motivated in a game. The most beautiful thing about EVE is that it is open-ended and allows each individual pilot to remain true to their real-life personalities. Continuing to struggle against apathy in-game only hurts your out-of-game life, not the reverse.

1 comment:

  1. Best profile ever!

    LOL I had some laughs in this one. Glad to know more about you Gangr!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.